Main Article Content
period (30d), the animals were slaughtered and biochemical blood indicators were studied, the alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and the aspartate aminotransferase (AST) enzymes were quantified. The activity of the catalase antioxidant enzyme and the antioxidant state of the animals were also determined. The increase of the catalase enzyme concentration in liver (10.42 UI/L) and blood serum (20.50 UI/L) showed that the meal and their extract change the redox state caused by the CCl4.The forage meal and their polyphenols extract showed its hepatoprotective effect against the damage action of the CCl4,evaluated by the alanine aminotransferase and aspartate aminotransferase. The results showed that it is possible to use, in diets for rats the forage meal and their polyphenols extract with antioxidants effects similar to those of the control diet, which used synthetic antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It is suggested to developed similar studies in productive animals, that includes studies of doses optimization for different animal categories.
Key words: oxidative stress, serum polyphenols, catalase, aspartate aminotransferase.
Those authors that have publications with this journal accept the following terms:
1. They will retain their copyright and guarantee the journal the right of first publication of their work, which will be simultaneously subject to the License Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) that allows third parties to share the work whenever its author is indicated and its first publication this journal. Under this license the author will be free of:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
2. The authors may adopt other non-exclusive license agreements to distribute the published version of the work (e.g., deposit it in an institutional telematics file or publish it in a monographic volume) whenever the initial publication is indicated in this journal.
3. The authors are allowed and recommended disseminating their work through the Internet (e.g. in institutional telematics archives or on their website) before and during the submission process, which can produce interesting exchanges and increase the citations of the published work. (See the Effect of open access).