Main Article Content
The Cuban Journal of Agricultural Science appears every three months, as a continuous publication (January-March, April-June, July-September and Octuber-December), which closes the last day of each trimester. It is open access and it is published by the Editorial from the Institute of Animal Science, belonging to the Ministry of Higher Education, of the Republic of Cuba.
Its mission is to publish quality papers, which demonstrate technical and scientific developments, as well as theoretical and practical knowledge generated in the agricultural and livestock field. Its objective is to share, with the scientific community, research results developed in this specialty, mainly those that take place in tropical and subtropical areas.
The journal comprises the following topics, applied to the agricultural field: mathematics, economics, animal genetics, animal science (physiology, nutrition and management of ruminants and non-ruminants, microbiology and biotechnology), pastures, forages, and other plants used in livestock, rural development, environment, sustainable agricultural systems, knowledge management, technology transfer, technological innovation and extension processes.
Those authors that have publications with this journal accept the following terms:
1. They will retain their copyright and guarantee the journal the right of first publication of their work, which will be simultaneously subject to the License Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) that allows third parties to share the work whenever its author is indicated and its first publication this journal. Under this license the author will be free of:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
2. The authors may adopt other non-exclusive license agreements to distribute the published version of the work (e.g., deposit it in an institutional telematics file or publish it in a monographic volume) whenever the initial publication is indicated in this journal.
3. The authors are allowed and recommended disseminating their work through the Internet (e.g. in institutional telematics archives or on their website) before and during the submission process, which can produce interesting exchanges and increase the citations of the published work. (See the Effect of open access).